|Objectives (Activities in the current year to support Goals):
- Legal financial obligations (LFOs): Address abuses in current laws.
- Earned release and sentencing reform, supporting newly formed Parole Coalition
B) Research, Monitor, and Inform as needed:
- Restorative Justice: Provide background on Colorado model, including state funding, to support
potential legislation for restorative justice practices.
- Monitor efforts to repeal the death penalty, working with the Safe and Just Alternatives Campaign.
- Post-secondary education for prisoners: Repeal prohibition of use of state funds.
- Ombuds: Establishment of a corrections ombuds office independent from the Department of Corrections.
The Criminal Justice Working Group Practices